All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncluding chapters linking strategic thinking and action in the management of tourism, this textbook provides an analytical evaluation of the most important global trends in tourism and analysis of the impact of crucial environmental issues and their implications and the major factors affecting international tourism management.
- Author BiographyProfessor Moutinho holds the Foundation Chair of Marketing at the Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow, Scotland. He completed his PhD at the University of Sheffield in 1982. He has been a Full Professor for 26 years, and has held posts at the University of Wales College of Cardiff, Cleveland State University, USA, Northern Arizona University, USA and California State University, USA. He has also held Visiting Professorship positions in China, Lithuania, Austria, New Zealand, Denmark, Slovenia, Portugal, Hungary, Taiwan, Brazil, Colombia, and Cyprus. He is the Founding Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Modelling in Management (JM2) and has another 4 Associate Editorships as well as being in the Editorial Boards of another 45 international academic journals. His areas of research interest encompass bio-marketing, neuroscience in marketing, evolutionary algorithms, human-computer interaction, the use of artificial neural networks in marketing, modelling consumer behaviour, marketing futurecast and tourism and marketing. Other primary areas of Professor Moutinho's academic research are related to modelling processes of consumer behaviour. He has developed a number of conceptual models over the years in areas such as tourism destination decision processes, automated banking and supermarket patronage. The testing of these models has been based on the application of many different statistical, computer and mathematical modelling techniques. He has over 140 articles published in refereed academic journals, 27 books, more than 6,800 academic citations, an h-index of 40 and an i10-index of 125.
- PublisherCABI Publishing
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleCABI Tourism Texts
- Place of PublicationWallingford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCABI Publishing
- Content Note41 illustrations
- Weight900 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byLuiz Moutinho
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £19.95Trending at £20.54
- £12.33Trending at £12.68
- £13.37Trending at £15.99
- £35.20Trending at £38.24
- £5.96Trending at £6.11
- £25.63Trending at £27.28
- £7.50Trending at £8.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.