All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the world's leading authorities on war and international politics synthesizes the vast history of strategy's evolution in this consistently engaging and surprising account of how it came to pervade every aspect of life.
- Author BiographyLawrence Freedman has been Professor of War Studies at King's College London since 1982, and Vice-Principal since 2003. Elected a Fellow of the British Academy in 1995 and awarded the CBE in 1996, he was appointed Official Historian of the Falklands Campaign in 1997. He was awarded the KCMG in 2003. In June 2009 he was appointed to serve as a member of the official inquiry into Britain and the 2003 Iraq War. Professor Freedman has written extensively on nuclear strategy and the cold war, as well as commentating regularly on contemporary security issues. His most recent book, A Choice of Enemies: America Confronts the Middle East, won the 2009 Lionel Gelber Prize and Duke of Westminster Medal for Military Literature.
- PrizesWinner of Winner of the 2012 W. J. M. Mackenzie Prize awarded by the Political Studies Association.
- Author(s)Sir Lawrence Freedman
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication02/10/2013
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight1199 g
- Width167 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine60 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.69Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £11.94
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.