Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £7.44Trending at £8.99
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.21
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £10.46Trending at £14.11
About this product
- Author(s)Andrea Bonfiglioli,Ermanno Lanconelli,Francesco Uguzzoni
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication10/11/2010
- Series TitleSpringer Monographs in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1246 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
- Table Of ContentsElements of Analysis of Stratified Groups.- Stratified Groups and Sub-Laplacians.- Abstract Lie Groups and Carnot Groups.- Carnot Groups of Step Two.- Examples of Carnot Groups.- The Fundamental Solution for a Sub-Laplacian and Applications.- Elements of Potential Theory for Sub-Laplacians.- Abstract Harmonic Spaces.- The ?-harmonic Space.- ?-subharmonic Functions.- Representation Theorems.- Maximum Principle on Unbounded Domains.- ?-capacity, ?-polar Sets and Applications.- ?-thinness and ?-fine Topology.- d-Hausdorff Measure and ?-capacity.- Further Topics on Carnot Groups.- Some Remarks on Free Lie Algebras.- More on the Campbell-Hausdorff Formula.- Families of Diffeomorphic Sub-Laplacians.- Lifting of Carnot Groups.- Groups of Heisenberg Type.- The Caratheodory-Chow-Rashevsky Theorem.- Taylor Formula on Homogeneous Carnot Groups.
- Author Biography1) ERMANNO LANCONELLI: --Education and Undergraduate Studies: Dec. 1966, Universita' di Bologna (Mathematics). Career/Employment: 1975-present: Full Professor of Mathematical Analysis at Dipartimento di Matematica, Universita' di Bologna (Italy); Member of the Accademia dell'Istituto di Bologna and of the Accademia delle Scienze, Lettere ed Arti di Modena . 1968-1975: Theaching Assistant at Istituto di Matematica, Universita' di Bologna. --Academic activity: Director of the Istituto di Matematica di Bologna(1978/80), Director of the Undergraduate Mathematics Program, University of Bologna (1990/1999, 2000-2002, 2006-present) Director of PHD program, University of Bologna (1986/91, 1997/2000) --INVITATIONS: -University of Minnesota, Minneapolis (USA) -University of Purdue, West La Fayette, Indiana (USA) -Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (USA) -Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey (USA) -University of Bern, Switzerland -- Specialization main fields: Partial Differential Equations, Potential Theory --CURRENT RESEARCH INTEREST: Second order linear and nonlinear partial differential equations with non- negative characteristic form and application to complex geometry and diffusion processes. Potential Theory and Harmonic Analysis in sub-riemannian settings. Real analysis and geometric methods. --EDITORIAL BOARD: Nonlinear Differential Equations and Applications, Birkhauser. --PUBLICATIONS: More than 70 papers in refereed journals. 2) UGUZZONI FRANCESCO: --Education and Undergraduate Studies: Dec. 1994, Universita' di Bologna (Mathematics) Career/Employment: February 2000: Ph.D. in Mathematical Analysis at Dipartimento di Matematica, Universita' di Bologna (Italy). October 1998: Assistant Professor at Dipartimento di Matematica, Universita' di Bologna. --CURRENT RESEARCH INTEREST: Second order linear and nonlinear partial differential equations with non- negative characteristic form and applications. Harmonic Analysis in sub- riemannian settings. --PUBLICATIONS: About 30 papers in refereed journals. 3) ANDREA BONFIGLIOLI: --Education and Undergraduate Studies: July 1998, Universita' di Bologna (Mathematics) --Career/Employment: March 2002: Ph.D. in Mathematical Analysis at Dipartimento di Matematica, Universita' di Bologna (Italy). November 2006: Assistant Professor at Dipartimento di Matematica, Universita' di Bologna. --CURRENT RESEARCH INTEREST: Second order linear partial differential equations with non-negative characteristic form and applications. Potential Theory in stratified Lie groups. --PUBLICATIONS: About 20 papers in refereed journals.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.