All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRugby Union as a sport has seen continual evolution over the years, and never more so than since the game officially became professional in 1995. This book details a structure of assessing rugby players that in turn allows appropriate training interventions to be planned out and, most importantly, coached to a wide range of rugby playing levels.
- Author BiographyDuring a ten year professional career Joel Brannigan played for Edinburgh, London Welsh RFC and Newcastle Falcons RFC and also represented Scotland at full international level and various lower representative levels. Following retirement in 2004 he pursued a career in the field of strength and conditioning and spent eight years as head of strength and conditioning at the University of Northumbria working with a wide range of sports and athletes, from Olympic level to recreational student athletes. He currently works as a strength and conditioning coach with Durham County Cricket Club. He holds an MSc in Strength and Conditioning and is also employed by the UK Strength and Conditioning Assocation as a tutor and assessor on their accreditation process. Wtihin rugby union he has delivered to professional players, 'age grade' representative players and recreational rugby players. He has a strong interest in rugby at all levels but specifically the development of junior level players.
- Author(s)Joel Brannigan
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication25/01/2016
- GenreBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note210 colour photographs
- Weight402 g
- Width172 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.67Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.47
- £11.10Trending at £14.98
- £8.24Trending at £12.00
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.