CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.91Trending at £24.50
- £40.17Trending at £44.44
- £27.28Trending at £27.76
- £12.69Trending at £13.18
- £20.30Trending at £26.98
- £16.38Trending at £16.75
- £21.17Trending at £24.44
About this product
- Author(s)F. J. McGuigan,Wesley E. Sime
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/10/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note41 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight802 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
- Table Of ContentsForeword.- An Overview of Contemporary Work in the Field of Stress and Tension Control.- Edmund Jacobson, Father of the Field of Relaxation.- Tension Control for Coping and for Habit Change.- On Edmund Jacobson's Way of Life.- On the Professional Accomplishments of Edmund Jacobson.- Research Strategies and Approaches.- Stress and Personality as Contributory Factors in the Causation of Cancer.- Research on Stress Ought to be Revised.- Some Clinical Observations on Muscle Tension and Expressive Movement.- Discrimination of Visceral Stimuli, Biofeedback and Self-Regulation: A Methodological Proposal.- A Model of People at High Risk to Develop Chronic Stress Related Symptoms.- Social Psychophysiology of Relaxation Training.- The Role of Substance P in Normalizing Stress Response.- Clinical Applications in Medicine, Psychology-Psychiatry, Speech Pathology and Dentistry.- Stress, Tension and Rheumatic Disease.- Neuromuscular Psychophysiology of Depression.- Stress Headaches from Causes in the Musculoskeletal System and their Treatment by Physical Means.- Biofeedback Treatment of Primary Raynaud's.- Biofeedback: Treatment of Essential Hypertension.- Behavioural Style, Myocardial Infarction, and Cardiovascular Responsiveness.- Tension Control in Speech Pathology.- Self-Help Groups for Agoraphobics: Their Role in Coping with Anxiety and Depression.- The Perception by Dentists and Patients of Fear in Dental Treatment.- Studies of Stress and Tension in Occupational Settings.- Occupational Stress Testing in the Real World.- Stress at Work: A Review of Australian Research.- Autogenic Training as a Stress Management Tool in Air Transport Operations.- The Effect of Autogenic Training upon the Flying Skill of Pilots Under Stress.- Reduction of Stress by Personnel at Institutions for Child Care and for the Mentally Handicapped.- Stress and Tension Control in Education.- An Experimental Study of Relaxation Training in Swedish Schools: Psychological and Physiological Results.- Some Uses and Limitations of Stress Control Methods in a Local Authority Educational Psychology Service.- Improved Stress Management and Tension Control: A Model Program in a Community College.- Worksite Stressors and University Faculty.- Teaching Dynamic Relaxation at the University of the Third Age - Paris VI.- Methods of Coping with Stress.- Cognitive Strategies to Reduce Stress in Competitive Athletic Performance.- Physical Activity and Stress Reduction: A Review of Selected Literature.- The Physical Mirror of Stress.- The Mitchell Method of Physiological Relaxation.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.