All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of the Staffordshire-born Stretch family of clockmakers; the clocks they made; and the important role they played in early 18th-century Philadelphia.
- Author BiographyDonald L. Fennimore, Curator Emeritus, served as metalwork specialist at Winterthur Museum, Delaware, for 34 years. The list of his numerous publications includes Metalwork in Early America (Winterthur, 1996); Iron at Winterthur (Winterthur, 2004); and Silversmiths to the Nation: Thomas Fletcher and Sidney Gardiner (ACC, 2007). Frank L. Hohmann III, a retired Wall Street executive, is a collector of 18th-century furniture, with a concentration on brass dial clocks. He co-authored and published the volume Timeless: Masterpiece American Brass Dial Clocks (2009). He is a Trustee of Winterthur Museum, Delaware and a Liveryman in the Worshipful Company of Clockmakers.
- Author(s)Donald L. Fennimore,Frank L. Hohmann
- PublisherWinterthur Museum & Gardens,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/05/2013
- GenreAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationWinterthur
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWinterthur Museum & Gardens,U.S.
- Content Note457 colour illustrations
- Weight2524 g
- Width251 mm
- Height312 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byOnie Rollins
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £3.37Trending at £3.46
- £4.73Trending at £5.04
- £4.67Trending at £5.14
- £8.50Trending at £9.26
- £10.42Trending at £11.17
- £6.01Trending at £6.10
- £4.22Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.