Strong Democracy: Participatory Politics for a New Age by Benjamin R. Barber (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £7.97Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by revivalbooks
- Est. delivery by 28 Aug
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers liberal society a way of thinking about and of practicing democracy. This title argues that an excess of liberalism has undermined our democratic institutions and brought about the set of crises we find ourselves struggling against: cynicism about voting, alienation, privatization, and the growing paralysis of public institutions.
- Author BiographyBenjamin R. Barber is Kekst Professor of Civil Society at the University of Maryland and Director of the New York office of The Democracy Collaborative. He is the author of Fear's Empire: Terrorism, War and Democracy (2003) and Jihad vs. McWorld: How Globalism and Tribalism Are Reshaping the World (1995).
- Author(s)Benjamin R. Barber
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2004
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.06Trending at £7.34
- £13.48Trending at £17.06
- £11.02Trending at £11.24
- £7.90Trending at £12.07
- £3.59Trending at £3.76
- £7.45Trending at £11.99
- £3.59Trending at £6.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.