All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.81
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £7.73Trending at £10.48
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76
About this product
- DescriptionStrong Experiences in Music is a ground-breaking new book, developed from a long-running study into the effects of music. It draws on over two decades of research, and almost 1,000 participants, who describe, in their own words, their own unique and personal experiences of music.
- Author BiographyAlf Gabrielsson is professor emeritus in psychology at Uppsala University, Sweden. He earned his PhD with a thesis on musical rhythm in 1973 and at the same time also conducted research at the Department of Technical Audiology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm. His research areas include musical rhythm, music performance, music experience, music acoustics and audiology. His present research focuses on strong experiences with music and on expressive performance in music. He has published numerous papers in scientific journals and books and is consulting editor for Psychology of Music, Music Perception, Psychomusicology, and Musicae Scientiae. He is a member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Music and served as President of the European Society for the Cognitive Sciences of Music (ESCOM) 1997-2000 and has been awarded the Honorary Life Membership of ESCOM.
- Author(s)Alf Gabrielsson
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication29/09/2011
- GenrePsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight1008 g
- Width168 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Translated byRoy Bradbury
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.