CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/05/2012
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number125
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note62 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1104 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byLars Svennerholm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1980
- Table Of ContentsChemical Structure of Gangliosides.- Introductory Remarks on Chemical Structures of Gangliosides.- Ganglioside Designation.- A New Approach to the Analysis of Ganglioside Molecular Species.- Isolation and Separation of Gangliosides on a New Form of Glass Bead Ion Exchanger.- Structures of Some New Complex Gangliosides of Fish Brain.- Structural Fingerprinting of Gangliosides and Other Glycoconjugates by Mass Spectrometry.- Mass Spectra and NMR Spectra of Gangliosides Containing Fucose.- Trifluoroacetolysis, a New Method for Structural Studies of Glycolipids.- High Resolution 1H-NMR Spectroscopy of Carbohydrate Structures.- Enzymic Degradation of Gangliosides.- Characterization of Micellar and Liposomal Dispersions of Gangliosides and Phospholipids.- Structural Modifications of Gangliosides in Synaptic Membranes.- Hydrolysis of Gangliosides in Micellar and Liposomal Dispersion by Bacterial Neuraminidases.- Distribution of Gangliosides in Tissues, Subcellular Fractions, Cells and Fluids.- Brain and Retinal Ganglioside Composition from Different Species Determined by TLC and HPTLC.- Glycolipids and Cell Differentiation.- Gangliosides of the CNS Myelin Membrane.- Gangliosides in Fish Brain.- Gangliosides of Brain and of Extraneural Tissues: Structural Relationship to Protein-Linked Glycans.- A Sensitive Assay for Gangliosides in the Subnanomole Range.- Metabolism of Gangliosides.- Introductory Remarks on Ganglioside Metabolism.- Biosynthesis of Gangliosides in Tissues.- Sialyltransferase Activities in Two Neuronal Models: Retina and Cultures of Isolated Neurons.- Sialyltransferases in Young Rat Brain.- Cell Biological and Immunological Significance of Ganglioside Changes Associated with Transformation.- Gangliosides, Neuraminidase and Sialyltransferase at the Nerve Endings.- Neuraminidase-Resistant Sialic Acid Residues of Gangliosides.- The Specificity of Human N-Acetyl-?-D-Hexosaminidases Towards Glycosphingolipids is Determined by an Activator Protein.- The Specificity of ?-Galactosidase in the Degradation of Gangliosides.- Immunological Methods for the Identification of Gangliosides.- Preparation and Properties of Antibodies to Gangliosides.- Antibodies to Total Brain Gangliosides: Titer and Specificity of Antisera.- Perturbation of CNS Functions by Antibodies to Gangliosides. Speculations on Biological Roles of Ganglioside Receptors.- Immunoassays Based on Plastic-Adsorbed Gangliosides.- Immunological Properties of Glycolipids Including Some Gangliosides in Mammalian Erythrocyte Membranes.- Detection of Antibodies to Gangliosides in Pathologic Human Sera. Serum-Sickness Type Heterophile Antibodies.- Sialidoses and Sialidases.- Sialidoses, New Types of Inborn Diseases.- Sialidoses (Mucolipidoses), Clinical Pictures.- Sialidase in Brain and Fibroblasts in Three Patients with Different Types of Sialidosis.- Neuraminidase Studies in Sialidosis.- Function of Gangliosides (Receptor Properties, Involvement in Neurotransmission).- Saccharide Traffic Signals in Receptor-Mediated Endocytosis and Transport of Acid Hydrolases.- Gangliosides as Receptors for Bacterial Toxins and Sendai Virus.- Isolation of Cholera Toxin by Affinity Chromatography on Porous Silica Beads with Covalently Coupled Ganglioside Gm1.- The Interaction Between Gangliosides and Interferon.- Thyrotropin Receptors and Gangliosides.- Gangliosides and Thermal Adaptation.- Neuronal and Glial Cell Cultures, a Tool for Investigation of Ganglioside Function.- Gangliosides and Synaptic Transmission.- List of Participants.- Contributor Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.