Save on Adult Learning & University
- £3.78Trending at £6.99
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £23.56Trending at £40.09
- £11.91Trending at £19.99
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
About this product
- Author(s)Theo A. F. Kuipers,Theo A.F. Kuipers
- Date of Publication07/12/2010
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleSynthese Library
- Series Part/Volume Number301
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight605 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2001
- Table Of ContentsForeword. Part I: Units of Scientific Knowledge and Knowledge Acquisition. 1. Research programs and research strategies. 2. Observational laws and proper theories. Part II: Patterns of Explanation and Description. 3. Explanation and reduction of laws. 4. Explanation and description by specification. Part III: Structures in Interlevel and Interfield Research. 5. Reduction and correlation of concepts. 6. Levels, styles, and mind-body research. Part IV: Confirmation and Empirical Progress. 7. Testing and further separate evaluation of theories. 8. Empirical progress and pseudoscience. Part V: Truth, Product, and Concept Approximation. 9. Progress in nomological, explicative and design research. 10. Design research programs. Part VI: Capita Selecta. 11. Computational philosophy of science. 12. The structuralist approach to theories. 13. 'Default-norms' in research ethics. Suggestions for further reading. Exercises. Notes. References. Index of Names. Index of Subjects.
- Author BiographyProfessor Theo Kuipers is the author of From Instrumentalism to Constructive Realism (Synthese Library 287, 2000). He is the leader of the Groningen Research Group 'Cognitive Structures in Knowledge and Knowledge Development', which gained the highest possible scores in two successive assessments of Dutch philosophical research by international committees.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.