All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.07
- £6.56Trending at £6.88
- £9.60Trending at £13.07
- £12.17Trending at £13.25
- £10.75Trending at £13.77
- £6.48Trending at £6.88
- £9.91Trending at £13.07
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduces readers to Tennessee Williams with a biography and a chapter on his literary heritage. His major plays are examined in turn, analyzing plot, characters, themes and style. Each play is then given an alternate reading from formal, feminist, psychological, gay, or theological criticism.
- Author BiographyNANCY M. TISCHLER wrote the first book-length study of Williams and his work, Tennessee Williams: Rebellious Puritan. Since then, while teaching at the George Washington University, Susquehanna University, and Pennsylvania State University, she has continued to write books and articles on this amazing playwright. Now retired from Penn State, Tischler continues her work on Williams, editing his letters for New Directions, and serving on boards of journals that focus on Williams. In addition, she has also written on other literary topics including modern drama, Black literature, the American South, Dorothy L. Sayers, and women and Scripture.
- Author(s)Nancy M. Tischler
- Date of Publication30/08/2000
- GenreBiography: Literary
- Series TitleStudent Companions to Classic Writers
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight522 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.