All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £35.14
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.84
- £4.99Trending at £6.18
- £18.99Trending at £34.13
About this product
- DescriptionPart of the JPS Scholar of Distinction series, this title deals with the Bible as interpreted through ancient Near-Eastern creation myths, flood myths, and goddess myths; gender in the Bible; the feminist approach to Jewish law; comparative Jewish and Christian perspectives on the Hebrew Bible; biblical perspectives on ecology; and more.
- Author BiographyTikva Frymer-Kensky is a professor of Hebrew Bible and the History of Judaism at the University of Chicago Divinity School. Her areas of specialization include Assyriology and Sumerology, biblical studies, Jewish studies, and women and religion. She is the author of Reading the Women of the Bible (which received a Koret Jewish Book Award in 2002 and a National Jewish Book Award in 2003), In the Wake of the Goddesses, and Motherprayer. She holds an M.A. and a Ph.D. from Yale University.
- Author(s)Tikva Frymer-Kensky
- PublisherJewish Publication Society
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- GenreChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleA JPS Scholar of Distinction Book
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJewish Publication Society
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight753 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.