Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.98
- £11.90Trending at £15.18
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.52
- £10.53Trending at £12.34
- £11.98Trending at £15.22
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/03/2015
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight498 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byDjene Rhys Bajalan,Sara Zandi Karimi
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction: The Kurds and their History: New Perspectives Djene Rhys Bajalan and Sara Zandi Karimi 2. Arab Ethnonyms ('Ajam, 'Arab, Badu and Turk): The Kurdish Case as a Paradigm for Thinking about Differences in the Middle Ages Boris James 3. Eli Teremaxi and the Vernacularization of Medrese Learning in Kurdistan Michiel Leezenberg 4. In the Name of the Caliph and the Nation: The Sheikh Ubeidullah Rebellion of 1880-81 Sabri Ates 5. The Rise of Red Kurdistan Harun Yilmaz 6. The Kurds and Settlement Policies from the Late Ottoman Empire to Early Republican Turkey: Continuities and Discontinuities (1916-34) Serhat Bozkurt 7. The Kurdish Cultural Movement in Mandatory Syria and Lebanon: An Unfinished Project of National Renaissance, 1932-46 Jordi Tejel Gorgas
- Author BiographyDjene Rhys Bajalan is a lecturer in the department of Social Sciences at the American University of Iraq Suliamani. Sara Zandi Karimi is a researcher and holds an M.Phil in Modern Middle Eastern Studies from the University of Oxford.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.