All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJane Nicholas has long been fascinated by beetles. This book features the beetle not only in stumpwork but in many other forms of embroidery: glittering goldwork, beaded beetles from mosaic buttons, redwork beetles and beetles in surface stitchery using lustrous silk and metallic threads.
- Author BiographyJane Nicholas has worked in the field of embroidery for over twenty years, specialising in stumpwork and goldwork embroidery. She has written five books and has contributed widely to journals and magazines. She teaches widely for Embroiderers' Guilds and businesses in Australia, New Zealand and the United States, and continues to research and develop new techniques, particularly in stumpwork.
- Author(s)Jane Nicholas
- PublisherSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBinda
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
Most relevant reviews
- bucephalos9909 Feb, 2015by
An excellent book which is good value.
I bought this product to get some ideas how to portray insects in embroidery and it does that very well. The illustrations are clear and the pages are well laid out with decent margins and a sense of space often lacking in some modern books that crowd things and just look meanly produced. I have quite a few reference books on embroidery and textiles and this book and the others by Jane Nicholas compare very well. I thoroughly recommend it.
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.51Trending at £6.13
- £3.32Trending at £4.59
- £11.45Trending at £11.90
- £5.99Trending at £6.98
- £8.63Trending at £9.35
- £8.57Trending at £8.86
- £7.17Trending at £9.98