Stung!: On Jellyfish Blooms and the Future of the Ocean by Lisa-Ann Gershwin (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £14.31+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £10.63Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by books4alluk
- Est. delivery by 29 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOur oceans are becoming increasingly inhospitable to life-growing toxicity and rising temperatures coupled with overfishing have led many marine species to the brink of collapse. This book tells stories of jellyfish both attractive and deadly while illuminating many interesting and unusual facts about their behaviors and environmental adaptations.
- Author BiographyLisa-ann Gershwin is director of the Australian Marine Stinger Advisory Services. She was awarded a Fulbright in 1998 for her studies on jellyfish blooms and evolution, and she has discovered over 150 new species-including at least sixteen types of jellyfish that are highly dangerous, as well as a new species of dolphin-and has written for numerous scientific and popular publications.
- Author(s)Lisa-Ann Gershwin
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication26/09/2014
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note16 colour plates, 1 halftone, 4 tables
- Width90 mm
- Height60 mm
- Foreword bySylvia A. Earle
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.14
- £24.00Trending at £33.03
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
- £20.99Trending at £25.01
- £37.23Trending at £62.06
- £31.22Trending at £32.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.