CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.76
- £12.49Trending at £14.98
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
About this product
- DescriptionSugar was the single most valuable bulk commodity traded internationally before oil became the world's prime resource. From the sixteenth to the eighteenth century, cane sugar production was pre-eminent in the Atlantic Islands, the Caribbean, and Brazil. Subsequently, cane sugar industries in the Americas were transformed...
- Author BiographyUlbe Bosma is Senior Research Fellow at the International Institute of Social History. He is published on colonial Indonesia in Dutch, English and Portuguese and is co-author of a general history on the Dutch creole societies in Asia (forthcoming). Juan A. Giusti-Cordero is Professor of History at the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras. He has written extensively on Puerto Rican and Caribbean social history and is author of Land, Community, and Resistance in Pinones (Loiza), 18th-19th Centuries (forthcoming). G. Roger Knight teaches history at the University of Adelaide. He is widely published in the field of the social and economic history of colonial Java; his book Steam, Steel and Cane: A Global History of the Java Sugar Industry 1830-1960 is forthcoming.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication09/08/2010
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleInternational Studies in Social History
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 9
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byGiusti-Cordero,Juan A,Ulbe Bosma
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.