All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Samuel Noah Kramer
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication01/08/1998
- GenreAncient History
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note23 illus.
- Weight230 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsList of Illustrations Preface Introduction. The Sources: The Sumerian Literary Tablets I. THE SCOPE AND SIGNIFICANCE OF SUMERIAN MYTHOLOGY II. MYTHS OF ORIGINS -The Creation of the Universe -The Organization of the Universe -Enlil and Ninll: the Begetting of Nanna -The Journey of Nanna to Nippur -Emesh and Enten: Enlil Chooses the Farmergod -The Creation of the Pickax -Cattle and Grain -Enki and Ninhursag: the Affairs of the Watergod -Enki and Sumer: the Organization of the Earth and Its Cultural Processes -Enki and Eridu: the Journey of the Water-god to Nippur -Inanna and Enki: the Transfer of the Arts of Civilization from Eridu to Erech -The Creation of Man III. MYTHS OF KUR -The Destruction of Kur: the Slaying of the Dragon -Inanna's Descent to the Nether World IV. MISCELLANEOUS MYTHS -The Deluge -The Marriage of Martu -Inanna Prefers the Farmer V. REFERENCES AND NOTES Supplementary Notes to Revised Edition Index
- Author BiographySamuel Noah Kramer was Clark Research Professor Emeritus of Assyriology at the University of Pennsylvania, where he was also Curator Emeritus of the Tablet Collections.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £5.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.17
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.45
- £7.72Trending at £9.99
- £11.10Trending at £15.01
- £54.14Trending at £82.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.