All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £8.14Was:£8.99Free postage
- £7.81Was:£8.99Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionAfter a long winter, summer is a welcome time for Miss Read and her village friends.
- Author BiographyMiss Read, or in real life Dora Saint, was a teacher by profession who started writing after the second world war, beginning with light essays written for Punch and other journals. She then wrote on educational and country matters and worked as a scriptwriter for the BBC. Miss Read was married to a schoolmaster for sixty-four years until his death in 2004, and they had one daughter. Miss Read was awarded an MBE in the 1998 New Year Honours list for her services to literature, She was the author of many immensely popular books, including two autobiographical works, but it was her novels of English rural life for which she was best known. The first of these Village School, was published in 1955, and Miss Read continued to write about the fictional villages of Fairacre and Thrush Green for many years. She lived near Newbury in Berkshire until her death in 2012.
- Author(s)Miss Read
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication24/07/2008
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleFairacre
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content Note28 Line Drawing(s)
- Weight230 g
- Width152 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- helen-hammy02 Nov, 2016by
Miss Read Book
Item as described quick to despatch and deliver thanks.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.24Trending at £4.42
- £8.36Trending at £15.29
- £4.55Trending at £6.73
- £6.09Trending at £6.27
- £10.97Trending at £13.47
- £3.80Trending at £4.51
- £4.79Trending at £6.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.