All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleTeaching and Learning in Science Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones, 10 black & white line drawings
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byCory Buxton,Martha Allexsaht-Snider
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction - Teaching science to emergent bilingual learners: Research and practice at the intersection of science and language learning Cory A. Buxton & Martha Allexsaht-Snider Part 1: P-SELL: Promoting Science among English Language Learners 2. Promoting Science among English Language Learners (P-SELL) Model: Curricular and Professional Development Intervention in Elementary Science Instruction with a Focus on English Language Learners Okhee Lee, Corey O'Connor & Alison Haas 3. Promoting Science among English Language Learners (P-SELL) Research and Evaluation: Measures and Outcomes with Students and Teachers Jaime Maerten-Rivera, Lorena Llosa & Okhee Lee 4. Promoting Science among English Language Learners: Challenges in implementing and evaluating the impact of a large-scale intervention Lorena Llosa, Jaime Maerten-Rivera & Christopher Van Booven Part 2: LISELL-B: Language-rich Inquiry Science with English Language Learners through Biotechnology 5. Reassembling science teacher-educator professional learning in the LISELL-B project Cory A. Buxton, Martha Allexsaht-Snider, Regina Suriel, Shakhnoza Kayumova, Elif Karsli, & Rouhollah Aghasaleh 6. Using teacher logs to study project enactment and support professional learning in the LISELL-B project Linda Caswell, Gabe Schwartz, Daphne Minner, Martha Allexsaht-Snider & Cory A. Buxton 7. The Value of Theory and Practice in the Context of the LISELL-B Project: Examples of Plug-Ins Shakhnoza Kayumova, Rouhollah Aghasaleh & Max Vazquez Part 3: ESTELL: Effective Science Teaching for English Language Learners 8. Promoting English Language Learner Pedagogy in Science with Elementary School Teachers: The ESTELL Model of Pre-service Teacher Education Trish Stoddart 9. Capturing Pre-Service Teachers' Enactment of Amplified Science Instruction for English Language Learners Marco Bravo, Jorge Solis & Eduardo Mosqueda 10. Capitalizing on the Synergistic Possibilities between Language, Culture, and Science Jorge Solis, Marco Bravo & Eduardo Mosqueda Conclusions 11. Crosscutting findings and recommendations for research and practice in teaching science with emergent bilingual learners Martha Allexsaht-Snider, Cory A. Buxton, Yainitza Hernandez Rodriguez, Lourdes Cardozo-Gaibisso, Allan Cohen & Zhenqui Lu
- Author BiographyCory A. Buxton is Athletic Association Professor of Education, Department of Educational Theory and Practice, University of Georgia, USA. Martha Allexsaht-Snider is Associate Professor, Department of Educational Theory and Practice, University of Georgia, USA.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.04
- £32.33Trending at £33.22
- £29.85Trending at £32.99
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £20.62Trending at £30.00
- £4.45Trending at £4.99
- £6.82Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.