All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.07
- £6.54Trending at £6.88
- £9.60Trending at £13.07
- £12.17Trending at £13.25
- £6.95Trending at £8.98
- £10.75Trending at £13.77
- £10.87Trending at £12.34
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on popular surf culture, academic literature and the analytical tools of social theory, this is a commentary on the contemporary social and cultural meaning of surfing, exploring mind and body, emotions, and aesthetics.
- Author BiographyNick Ford is Senior Lecturer in geography at the University of Exeter, UK. He is a lifelong surfer. David Brown is Lecturer in the sociology of sport and physical culture in the School of Sport and Health Sciences at the University of Exeter, UK. His research focuses on qualitative socio-cultural understandings of the body, the self and society in sport and physical culture.
- Author(s)David Brown,Nicholas J. Ford
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/10/2005
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables, 9 black & white halftones, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.