All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSurprised by the Feminine: A Rereading of C. S. Lewis and Gender proposes that Lewis's highly nuanced metaphorical view of gender relations has been misunderstood precisely because it challenges Western chauvinist assumptions of sex and gender.
- Author BiographyMonika B. Hilder is Associate Professor of English at Trinity Western University, where she teaches children's and fantasy literature. She obtained her PhD at Simon Fraser University in literature education, for which she received the Dean of Graduate Studies Convocation Medal for Academic Excellence. She is the author of The Feminine Ethos in C. S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia and The Gender Dance: Ironic Subversion in C. S. Lewis's Cosmic Trilogy; a 2011 recipient of the Clyde S. Kilby Research Grant, Marion E. Wade Center, Wheaton College, Illinois; and Co-Director of the Inklings Institute of Canada.
- Author(s)Monika B. Hilder
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication04/09/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in Twentieth-Century British Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight440 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.83Trending at £14.96
- £13.91Trending at £19.99
- £4.57Trending at £4.94
- £8.44Trending at £11.70
- £6.81Trending at £8.98
- £6.72Trending at £6.88
- £11.41Trending at £17.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.