Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £10.87Trending at £12.34
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
- £10.28Trending at £10.59
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1941, German and Finnish military forces established a blockade around Leningrad. During the 900 days of the siege, Leningrad was beset with aerial bombings, fuel shortages, and extreme starvation. Svetlana Magayeva, just ten years old in 1941, witnessed these raids and endured the cold and hunger. This is her story.
- Author BiographyDr. Svetlana Magaveya, former researcher at the Academy of Medical Sciences in Moscow, is an accomplished author and researcher of general pathology and pathophysiology. Albert Pleysier is Professor of History at Piedmont College. He earned his Ph.D. in European History from West Virginia University and is the coauthor of Battle for Leningrad published in Russian by St. Petersburg State University.
- Author(s)Albert Pleysier,Svetlana Magayeva
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/04/2006
- GenreBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight213 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.