CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £10.35Trending at £11.00
- £8.95Trending at £9.94
- £17.19Trending at £32.73
- £8.72Trending at £9.13
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
- £21.48Trending at £29.17
About this product
- DescriptionSuzan-Lori Parks' work Topdog/Underdog was awarded the 2002 Pulitzer Prize, making her the only African American woman to win the award. This book provides a context for her work, with essays from several scholars addressing the importance of factors such as gender, ethnicity, language and history in her works.
- Author BiographyKevin J. Wetmore, Jr. is a professor of theatre at Loyola Marymount University. He is also a professional actor and director. Among several other books, he is the author of The Athenian Sun in an African Sky and Black Dionysus: Greek Tragedy and African American Theatre. He also researches and writes on Asian theatre, African theatre, and cross-cultural theatre. He is the director of the Comparative Drama Conference. Alycia Smith-Howard is an Assistant Professor at New York University in the Gallatin School of Individualized Study, where she is the Artistic Director of the Gallatin Arts Festival. She received both her M.A. and Ph.D. from the Shakespeare Institute, Stratford-upon-Avon, and has taught at Mount Holyoke College, Trinity College and Berea College. Smith-Howard is an accomplished director, has published several articles, and is the book reviews editor for The New England Theatre Journal. She has two books in progress: a co-authored volume entitled Tennessee Williams A to Z: The Essential Reference to His Life, Works and Times (Facts on File, 2004) and Shakespeare at The Other Place (Ashgate, 2004). A Fellow of the Folger Shakespeare Library her areas of teaching interest include Shakespeare studies, modern drama, feminist theatre aesthetics, directing, dramaturgy, performance studies, 19th Century studies, literature and drama of the south, cultural studies and gender studies.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2005
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCasebooks on Modern Dramatists
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byAlycia Smith-Howard,Kevin J. Wetmore
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.