Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.17
- £16.49Trending at £16.79
- £8.99Trending at £11.20
- £31.22Trending at £32.41
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £20.99Trending at £24.99
- £22.98Trending at £24.18
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/09/2012
- GenreLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note299 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1126 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byTheodore Wu
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1975
- Table Of Contentsof Volume 2.- Special Invited Lecture.- Aerodynamic aspects of animal flight.- Swimming of Larger Animals - Part I.- Muscular and energetic aspects of fish swimming (Invited General Lecture).- The response of fish to shearing surfaces in the water.- The forces resisting locomotion in bluefish.- Speed, power, and drag measurements of dolphins and porpoises.- Efficiency of pectoral-fin propulsion of Cymatogaster aggregata.- Hydrodynamics of the body of Dytiscus marginalis (Dytiscidae Coleoptera).- Swimming energetics of the larval anchovy.- Swimming of planktonic Cyclops species (Copepoda, Crustacea): pattern, movements and their control.- Swimming of Larger Animals - Part II.- Hydromechanical aspects of fish swimming (Invited General Lecture).- Lunate-tail swimming propulsion.- Laminar boundary-layer development and transition of fish-shaped bodies of revolution.- Hydrodynamic drag reduction due to fish slimes.- The swimming of slender fish-like bodies in waves.- Extraction of flow energy by fish and birds in a wavy stream.- Some hydrodynamical aspects of fish schooling.- Experimental studies of human swimming at the Netherlands Ship Model Basin.- Flight of Birds and Insects - Part I.- Flapping flight and power in birds and insects, conventional and novel mechanisms (Invited General Lecture).- Hovering flight of the dragonfly Aeschna juncea L., kinematics and aerodynamics.- Non-steady-state aerodynamics of the flight of Encarsia formosa.- Aerodynamic forces and their calculation in insect flight.- On the mechanics of flight of small insects.- Insect aerodynamics near hovering.- Air flow and the flight of a noctuid moth.- Flight of Birds and Insects - Part II.- Aerodynamics and energetics of vertebrate fliers (Invited General Lecture).- Hovering flight in the pied flycatcher (Ficedula hypoleuca).- Flight metabolism of flying foxes.- On the efficiency increasing interaction of thrust producing lifting surfaces.- A note on flapping flight with surging.- Bird aerodynamic experiments.- The effect of span-wise variations in amplitude on the thrust-generating performance of a flapping thin wing.- Soaring birds as Maxwell demons .- Ornithopter aerodynamic experiments.- Author Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.