All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.02Trending at £23.26
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £42.67Trending at £47.62
- £37.00Trending at £40.48
- £30.21Trending at £31.28
- £16.40Trending at £19.40
- £31.00Trending at £32.27
About this product
- DescriptionA perfect fish in the evolutionary sense, the broadbill swordfish derives its name from its distinctive bill - much longer and wider than the bill of any other billfish - which is flattened into the sword we all recognize. This book provides a complete history of the fish from its prehistoric fossils to its present-day endangerment.
- Author BiographyRichard Ellis is the author of more than twenty books on marine life, including The Search for the Giant Squid, The Empty Ocean, Tuna: A Love Story, The Great Sperm Whale, and Shark: A Visual History. A renowned painter of marine natural history, his paintings have appeared in such publications as Skin Diver, Audubon, National Wildlife, National Geographic, and the Encyclopaedia Britannica, as well as his own books.
- Author(s)Richard Ellis
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2013
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note51 halftones, 3 line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.