All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Professor Charles Yrigoyen
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleBloomsbury Companions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note5 illus
- Weight956 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byProfessor Charles Yrigoyen
- Table Of ContentsPreface Abbreviations Part I 1. John and Charles Wesley: Life, Ministry, and Legacy - Richard P. Heitzenrater 2. Theology of the Wesleys - Randy L. Maddox 3. Hymnody of Charles Wesley - S T Kimbrough, Jr 4. Authority and the 'Wesleyan Quadrilateral' - Ted A. Campbell 5. Methodism in the UK and Ireland - Martin Wellings 6. Methodism in North America - Russell E. Richey 7. Methodist Mission/Missiology - Norman E. Thomas 8. Methodism in Africa - John Wesley Z. Kurewa 9. Methodism in Asia and the Pacific - Luther J. Oconer 10. Methodism in Northern and Continental Europe - Ulrike Schuler 11. Methodism in Russia and the Baltics: Old and New Beginnings - Rudiger R. Minor 12. Methodism in Latin America and the Carribean - Paulo Ayres Mattos 13. Evangelism in the Methodist Tradition - Paul Wesley Chilcote 14. Methodist Worship - Karen B. Westerfield Tucker 15. Methodism and the Sacraments - Laurence Hull Stookey 16. Spirituality in the Methodist Tradition - Thomas R. Albin 17. Social Ethics in the Methodist Tradition - Manfred Marquardt 18. Methodism's Polity: History and Contemporary Questions - Thomas Edward Frank 19. Methodism and the Ecumenical Movement - Geoffrey Wainwright 20. Methodism and Its Images - Peter Forsaith 21. Methodist Printed and Archival Research Collections: A Survey of Materials in UK/USA Repositories - Gareth Lloyd Part II Methodism A to Z - John G. McEllhenney and Charles Yrigoyen, Jr. Part III Bibliography - Susan E. Warrick Contributors Notes Index
- Author BiographyCharles Yrigoyen, Jr., is General Secretary emeritus of the General Commission on Archives and History, the United Methodist Church, USA. He is Director of United Methodist Studies at Evangelical Theological Seminary and Lancaster Theological Seminary, USA. He has been editor of Methodist History and Historical Dicrionary of Methodism, and is author of books on John and Charles Wesley and Methodis theology.
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £12.31Trending at £13.95
- £11.95Trending at £17.68
- £8.84Trending at £13.09
- £9.52Trending at £13.01
- £9.99Trending at £15.11
- £6.76Trending at £12.11
- £12.58Trending at £19.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.