All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- GenreChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight1098 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byColeman A. Baker,J. Brian Tucker
- Table Of ContentsAbbreviations Contributors Editors' Preface 1. Introduction - J. Brian Tucker and Coleman A. Baker Part 1: Methodological Studies: 2. An Outline of Social Identity Theory - Philip F. Esler 3. Social History and Social Theory in the Study of Social Identity - Andrew D. Clarke and J. Brian Tucker 4. Ethnicity and Social Identity - Aaron Kuecker 5. Ritual and Social Identity: The Deutero-Pauline Shaping of Early Christianity - Minna Shkul 6. Letter Writing and Social Identity - Matthew J. Marohl 7. A Narrative-Identity Model for Biblical Interpretation: The Role of Memory and Narrative in Social Identity Formation - Coleman A. Baker 8. Nodes of Objective Socialization and Subjective Reflection in Identity: Galatian Identity in an Imperial Context - Robert L. Brawley Part 2: Textual Studies: 9. Group Norms and Prototypes in Matthew 5.3-12: A Social Identity Interpretation of the Matthean Beatitudes - Philip F. Esler 10. Suffering and the Creation of Christian identity in the Gospel of Mark - Paul Middleton 11. Textual Orientations: Jesus, Written Texts, and the Social Construction of Identity in the Gospel of Luke - Rafael Rodriguez 12. Filial Piety and Violence in Luke-Acts and the Aeneid: A Comparative Analysis of Two Trans-ethnic Identities - Aaron Kuecker 13. Social Identities, Subgroups, and John's Gospel: Jesus the Prototype and Pontius Pilate (John 18.28-19.16) - Warren Carter 14. Children of Abraham, the Restoration of Israel and the Eschatological Pilgrimage of the Nations: What Does It Mean For 'In Christ' Identity? - Christopher Zoccali 15. Social Identity and Conflict in Corinth: 1 Corinthians 11.17-34 in Context - Mark Finney 16. 'If Anyone is in Christ, New Creation: The Old has Gone, the New has Come' (2 Cor. 5.17): New Creation and Temporal Comparison in Social Identity Formation in 2 Corinthians - Kar Yong LIM 17. Galatians 2.1-14 as Depiction of the Church's Early Struggle for Community-Identity Construction - Atsuhiro Asano 18. Adopted Siblings in the Household of God: Kinship Lexemes in the Social Identity Construction of Ephesians - Daniel K. Darko 19. Echoes of Paul's Philippians in Polycarp: Texts that Create Identity - Sergio Rosell Nebreda 20. New Identity and Cultural Baggage: Identity and Otherness in Colossians - Minna Shkul 21. Stereotyping and Institutionalization as indications of Leadership Maintenance in the Pastoral Epistles: 1 Timothy as a Test Case - Jack Barentsen 22. Paul's Particular Problem - The Continuation of Existing Identities in Philemon - J. Brian Tucker 23. Social Identity in the Epistle to the Hebrews - Steven Muir 24. Calling on the Diaspora: Nativism and Diaspora Identity in the Letter of James - K. Jason Coker 25. 'Aliens' among 'Pagans', 'Exiles' among 'Gentiles': Authorial Strategy and (Social) Identity in 1 Peter - Todd D. Still and Natalie R. Webb 26. The Agape Feast in 2 Peter, Imperial Ideology, and Social Identity - R. Alan Streett 27. Identity in First John: Sinless Sinners who Remain in Him - Rikard Roitto 28. Constructing Identity in the Epistle of Jude - Ritva Williams 29. Israelite Ethnic Identity Responding to the Roman Imperium in Revelation - Markus Cromhout Bibliography
- Author BiographyJ. Brian Tucker is Associate Professor of New Testament at Moody Theological Seminary, USA, and Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Wales, Trinity Saint David, UK. Coleman A. Baker is Program Manager at the Soul Repair Center, Brite Divinity School, USA, and Adjunct Professor of Religion at Texas Christian University, USA.
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £7.69Trending at £8.01
- £10.99Trending at £12.01
- £23.45Trending at £24.51
- £5.99Trending at £6.12
- £19.99Trending at £27.33
- £7.88Trending at £9.50
- £7.64Trending at £8.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.