Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £26.62Trending at £27.50
- £6.67Trending at £7.00
- £16.50Trending at £21.01
- £4.99Trending at £5.66
- £18.04Trending at £19.93
- £14.33Trending at £23.13
- £32.08Trending at £33.84
About this product
- Author(s)Meeta Gupta,Mridula Parihar,Paul LaSalle,Rob Scrimger
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2001
- GenreComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight905 g
- Width187 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface. Acknowledgments. PART I: Understanding TCP/IP Communications. Chapter 1: Understanding Network Fundamentals. Chapter 2: Architecture of the TCP/IP Protocol. Chapter 3: Physical Layer. Chapter 4: Network Interface Layer. Chapter 5: Internet Layer. Chapter 6: Transport Layer. Chapter 7: Application Layer. PART II: Working with TCP/IP. Chapter 8: Installing and Configuring TCP/IP. Chapter 9: Automatic Configuration. Chapter 10: Finding Hosts on an IP Network. PART III: Common TCP/IP Applications. Chapter 11: Providing Internet Access. Chapter 12: File Utilities. Chapter 13: Remote Command Utilities. Chapter 14: Printing over the Network. Chapter 15: World Wide Web Applications and Protocols. Chapter 16: Getting News and Mail. Chapter 17: Enterprise Information Services. PART IV: Building and Maintaining TCP/IP Networks. Chapter 18: Choosing Your Addressing Scheme. Chapter 19: Designing Routing for Your Network. Chapter 20: Planning Server Placement. Chapter 21: Understanding Communications. Chapter 22: Planning for Network Security. Chapter 23: Troubleshooting Network and Connectivity Problems. Chapter 24: Monitoring TCP/IP Networks. Chapter 25: Planning for the Future. Appendix: DNS Top--Level Domains. Index.
- Author BiographyAbout the Authors Rob Scrimger has worked as a computer operator, a programmer, a trainer, a network administrator, and a network manager for various companies. Rob has gained a solid understanding of the TCP/IP protocol and helped write several other TCP/IP books, including Networking with Microsoft TCP/IP: Certified Administrator's Resource Edition and MCSE Training Guide: TCP/IP 2nd Edition. Rob has three MCSEs to his credit: NT 3.5, NT 4.0, and Windows 2000 (Charter Member). In addition, he is an MCT, MCDBA, MCSE+I, MCP+SB, CTT, A+ Certified Technician, and Network + Certified. Paul LaSalle is a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and president of Enchanted Forest Systems, a network consulting and training firm that runs out of Rockland, Ontario Canada. When Paul isn't writing, consulting, or training, he can be found enjoying his other passions, which include spending time with his family, woodworking, fishing, camping, gardening, and music. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. In her professional life, Mridula Parihar has seen both sides of the training coin with India's leading IT training and education company, NIIT Ltd. She has both taught and developed instructor--led material. Mridula is also a Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD). With her training background, she has experience conducting sessions on networking concepts and administrating local area networks. Meeta Gupta has spent three years as a trainer with NIIT Ltd. She holds a Master's degree in Computer Engineering. Meeta is a qualified CNE. Her core competency is in the areas of networks and troubleshooting network problems. Clay Leitzke is President and CEO of Northwest Computer Training in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho and spends most of his time teaching Windows 2000 Bootcamps around the country. His company has certified more than 2000 MCSEs. Clay is certified as an MCSE and MCT since NT 3.5 and specializes in Exchange. He also holds certifications in Cisco, CompTIA, and Novell. Clay can be contacted at www.nwcomputertraining.com.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.