All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Lorna Jowett,Stacey Abbott
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication18/12/2012
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleInvestigating Cult TV Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 bw integrated illustrations
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments, List of Illustrations, Introduction: Horror Begins at Home, 1 The TV in TV Horror: Production and Broadcast Contexts, 2 Mainstreaming Horror, 3 Shaping Horror: From Single Play to Serial Drama, 4 Adaptation: Translating Horror Tales, 5 The Horror Auteur, 6 Revising the Gothic, 7 The Visual Excess of Horror, 8 Horror, Art and the Surreal, 9 TV as Horror, 10 From Barnabus Collins to Dexter Morgan: How Fans Relate to TV Monsters, Conclusion: The Road So Far, Work Cited, Notes, TV and Filmography, Index
- Author BiographyLorna Jowett is Reader in Television Studies at the University of Northampton, where she teaches some of her favourite things, including horror, science fiction and television. She is the author of Sex and the Slayer: A Gender Studies Primer for the Buffy Fan (2005) and recent publications cover Angel, Supernatural, Pushing Daisies and representation in cult television. Stacey Abbott is Reader in Film and Television Studies at the University of Roehampton and is the author of Celluloid Vampires (2007) and the editor of The Cult TV Book (I.B. Tauris, 2010). Recent publications cover Angel, Alias, Supernatural, Dexter, True Blood and Torchwood. She is General Editor of the Investigating Cult TV Series at I.B.Tauris.
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £4.73Trending at £5.08
- £4.40Trending at £4.58
- £24.03Trending at £24.44
- £11.79Trending at £12.72
- £6.01Trending at £6.13
- £4.75Trending at £4.84
- £28.01Trending at £34.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.