Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.99Trending at £17.30
- £23.54Trending at £24.06
- £18.29Trending at £22.21
- £21.69Trending at £22.68
- £23.71Trending at £26.31
- £22.69Trending at £24.29
- £20.52Trending at £22.49
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for cultural studies scholars and students alike, this book is a collection of 15 compelling and controversial articles from the pages of Taboo: The Journal of Cultural Studies and Education.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Shirley R. Steinberg is the author of many books and articles on cultural studies, popular culture, youth, diversity, urban education, and critical pedagogy. Her most recent books include Christotainment: Selling Jesus Through Popular Culture, 19 Urban Questions: Teaching in the City, Diversity and Multiculturalism: A Reader, and Media Literacy. The founder of Taboo: The Journal of Culture and Education, she is the director of The Paulo and Nita Freire International Project for Critical Pedagogy. An internationally known speaker, she addresses the notion of critical empowerment, youth advocacy, and social justice through media literacy. Consciously aware of the failure of schools, she is an advocate for transformational education and leadership. She is a frequent contributor to CBC Radio One and CTV as a cultural critic. Steinberg teaches at McGill University. Lindsay Cornish is a freelance editor, writer, and the project manager of the Paulo and Nita Freire International Project for Critical Pedagogy. She is also the co-editor of Boy Culture: An Encyclopedia (2010), and is the managing editor of the International Journal of Critical Pedagogy. Her research interests include gender and sexuality studies.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication28/12/2009
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2009
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight370 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byLindsay Cornish,Shirley R. Steinberg
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.