Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.86Trending at £9.97
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
About this product
- DescriptionDemonstrates that gender, cultural difference, and colonial history are intimately bound together and often can only be understood in relation to one another. The author analyzes how diverse representational practices - be they visual, textual, or even scientific - relate to the construction of gender, race, sexuality, and national identity.
- Author BiographyElla Shohat is Professor in the Departments of Art & Public Policy and Middle Eastern Studies and affiliated with the Department of Comparative Literature at New York University. Among her books are Talking Visions: Multicultural Feminism in a Transnational Age; Israeli Cinema: East/West and the Politics of Representation; and, with Robert Stam, Unthinking Eurocentrism, winner of the Katherine Singer Kovacs Award.
- Author(s)Ella Shohat
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2006
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleNext Wave: New Directions in Women's Studies
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note60 b&w photographs
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.