All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTells the story of a psychoanalysis from the point of view of both analyst and patient. The author describes the risk he undertook in acquiescing to his patient's desire for an interaction in which their true selves could meet explicitly. His co-author - the patient and also herself a practicing psychoanalyst - presents her own history.
- Author BiographyDonald M. Marcus, M.D. is a training and supervising analyst at the New Center for Psychoanalysis in Los Angeles and also at the Psychoanalytic Center of California where he was a founding member. He had his premedical studies at NYU and MIT and received his M.D. from Indiana University School of Medicine. Following residencies in Internal Medicine and Psychiatry, he had his psychoanalytic training at what was then the Southern California Psychoanalytic Institute. After becoming a graduate analyst he had a Kleinian analysis and supervision with Wilfred Bion, who had a powerful influence on his thinking. He is now in private practice in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Donald M. Marcus,Hope
- PublisherJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Date of Publication25/09/2007
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNorthvale NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Psychology & Help
Save on Psychology & Help
- £8.36Trending at £8.51
- £30.72Trending at £31.11
- £31.56Trending at £36.23
- £11.98Trending at £12.99
- £6.29Trending at £7.89
- £3.89Trending at £5.03
- £3.79Trending at £4.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.