Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.39Trending at £6.43
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.10Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £9.68
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
- £13.65Trending at £14.06
- £18.71Trending at £20.39
About this product
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/01/1997
- GenrePolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byPhilip T. Neisser,Sanford F. Schram
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1 Introduction Part 2 Part I. Origin Stories Chapter 3 Winning the West, Unwelcoming the Immigrant: Alternative Stories of America , Chapter 4 Constitutional Tales: Capitalist Origin Stories and U.S. Democracy Chapter 5 Pluralizing the American Dream Part 6 Part II. Institutions, Actors, and Narratives Chapter 7 The Storyteller-in-Chief: Why Presidents Like to Tell Tales Chapter 8 Self-Legitimating Narratives: The House Republicans and the Contract with America Chapter 9 Native Son: Stories of Self-Creation in the Judicial Politics of Clarence Thomas Part 10 Part III. Identity Stories in Public Policy Chapter 11 Talking Straight: Disidentification and Gay Rights Chapter 12 It's Not Just Naked Women : Regulating Transgressive Identities in Cyberspace Chapter 13 Welfare Queens: Policing by the Numbers Chapter 14 Tales of Black Criminality: Racial Determinism and Fatal Narratives Part 15 Part IV. Tales of Domestic Policy Chapter 16 Welfare Migration as a Policy Rumor: A Statistical Accounting Chapter 17 Tales of the City: The Secret Life of Devolution Chapter 18 The Entrepreneurial Gloss: The Myth of Small Business Job Growth Chapter 19 The Vanishing White Man: Workforce 2000 and Tales of Demographic Transformation Chapter 20 Schooling Stories: Three Paths, Two Tragedies, and a Vision Part 21 Part V. Tales of Global Policy Chapter 22 Rumors of Apartheid: Myth and Stereotype in U.S. Foreign Policy Toward South Africa Chapter 23 National Security Tales and the End of the Cold War Chapter 24 NAFTA Discourse: Tales of Sovereignty, Science, and Adjustment, Chapter 25 Is It Global Economics or Neo-Laissez Faire?
- Author BiographySanford F. Schram is visiting professor in the Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research at Bryn Mawr College. Philip T. Neisser is associate professor of politics at the State University of New York at Potsdam.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.