All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough a study of Malaysia, Taming Babel examines how empires and postcolonial nation-states struggle to govern multilingual and polyglot subjects.
- Author BiographyDr Rachel Leow is a university lecturer in Modern East Asian History at the University of Cambridge. She received two full PhD scholarships from the Bill and Melinda Gates Scholarship Foundation and from the Tunku Abdul Rahman Scholarship Fund at St Catharine's College, Cambridge. She was subsequently appointed as a Prize Fellow for the inaugural Prize Fellowships in Economics, Politics and History at Harvard University.
- Author(s)Rachel Leow
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 maps
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.69Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £11.34
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.