All listings for this product
Best-selling in Lenses
Save on Lenses
- £1,205.00Trending at £1,251.88
- £1,435.00Trending at £1,638.97
- £527.00Trending at £545.21
- £556.00Trending at £665.15
- £484.99Trending at £680.42
- £1,036.00Trending at £1,424.84
- £732.11Trending at £977.32
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you are shooting indoor or outdoor sports, portraits, nature, or landscapes, the Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD Lens is the telephoto zoom that's a great way to capture the images before you. This is the Tamron Anniversary lens and is the first Tamron optic that incorporates an Ultrasonic Silent Drive (USD) for fast, quiet and precision autofocusing.
- Model NumberA005
- Product LineTamron SP
- Focal LengthZoom
- Focus TypeAuto & Manual
- Focal Length (mm)70-300mm
- Optical Zoom4x
- For Camera BrandSony
- Camera TypeSLR
- MountCanon EF-S
- Weight767 g
Most relevant reviews
- eriuk-ehfyu6es11 Jan, 2016by
I wanted a lens that would be suitable for my sony alpha 850 and chose this lens over sony's own because of the price difference. I have found the lens to be excellent in all respects.
- stills201021 Dec, 2012by
Go get it, super pro lens at budget price.
Amazing value for money the Tamron 70-300mm, very sharp wide open. Bought this on the Sony Alpha mounts and after reading a lot of serious reviews it was getting a reputation as being very close in performace to the Sony 70-300G (£1300)lens. So when got a chance of this Tamron at £200 used it was a no brainer. Lovely balanced lens on my Sony a580 with vertical grip. Solid build quaility and near silent focus with its built in motor. No Vibration Compensation on Sony mount because of Sony SSS inbody. ### Highly recommend.###
- morpheous9701 Jul, 2012by
I cant wait to go out shooting with it, and so should you!! I recommend it!
I bought this Lens after lots of research on the net, didnt want to shell out for a Sony sal70300G lens this is under half the price, it is very sharp throughout the range as long as you keep it about F8 aperture, keep above 1/60 shutter speed and you'll get great results at 100 ISO, wish the sony version had the vibration control cos its cool to have the choice and you're paying the same amount of money for it as the other versions but dont let that put you off optically it makes up for it and a stop quicker than the Sony at 70mm. I can't see any chromatic abberation it does a fine job in that area, maybe under extreme conditions its is negligable. Overall I'm very happy with the Tamron they have done a very good job, on the positive extra it is slightly lighter than the vc versions and less to go wrong with it although mine has come with a 5 year warranty, which is peace of mind. Read full review
- knollfarm26 Jun, 2012by
A real no-brainer of a purchase! Superb!
These Tamron lenses are as good as the reviews say they are. It is a fast responsive zoom lens, sharp wide open, well made, quick and quiet. It's a no-brainer really! there is no better value zoom lens in this size. Buy with confidence.
- carpenteruk200027 Apr, 2011by
tamrom 70 to 300mm nikon fit
just got this lens today , feels solid enough, i like the metal mount, feels better than the plastic ones , focusing motor is a little noisy, but it just means you can hear it working, took some 300 mm shots, good enough for me, i know it doesnt have the vr/hsm but will be taking fast shots with it anyway, so for the money i paid, really chuffed with it.