All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Deborah Barndt
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication06/12/2007
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight753 g
- Width182 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: Roots and Routes Chapter 1: Across Space and through Time: Tomatl Meets the Corporate Tomato Chapter 2: Frames and Filters: Theoretical and Methodological Approaches Chapter 3: Arch Deluxe with a Smile: Women Never Stop at McDonald's Chapter 4: You Can Count on Us: Scanning Cashiers at Loblaws Supermarkets Chapter 5: On the Move for Food: Truckers and Transnational Migrants Chapter 6: Picking and Packing for the North: Agricultural Workers at Empaque Santa Rosa Chapter 7: Crossing Sectors and Borders: Weaving a Holistic Analysis Chapter 8: Signs of Hope: Taking Action for Justice and Sustainability
- Author BiographyDeborah Barndt is professor of environmental studies at York University in Toronto. A photographer and activist, she has worked with social justice movements in Canada, the United States, and Central America for over forty years.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2009.
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.31Trending at £15.75
- £22.55Trending at £22.96
- £28.65Trending at £29.99
- £19.77Trending at £21.61
- £25.68Trending at £27.85
- £7.94Trending at £10.99
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.