All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTracing the complex genealogy of Tantra as a category within the history of religions, this work shows how it has been formed through the interplay of popular and scholarly imaginations.
- Author BiographyHugh B. Urban is Assistant Professor of Religion and Comparative Studies at Ohio State University. He is the author of The Economics of Ecstasy: Tantra, Secrecy, and Power in Colonial Bengal (2001) and Songs of Ecstasy: Tantric and Devotional Songs from Colonial Bengal (2001).
- Author(s)Hugh B. Urban
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2003
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note16 b/w illustrations, 2 tables
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.