CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloped as a work tool or guide for educators attending Quaglia Trainings for developing Teacher Voice and Aspirations, this book focuses on one of the 4 key tenets of Teacher Voice Training and has a repetitive structure that has a focus on 4 specific actions: Connect, Learn, Discuss, Act.
- Author BiographySee Russell's Presenter Profile Here! Listen to Russ Quaglia's Interactive EdChat on Student Voice! Dr. Russell J. Quaglia is a globally recognized pioneer in the field of education, known for his unwavering dedication to student voice and aspirations. Dr. Quaglia has been described by news media as America's foremost authority on the development and achievement of student voice and aspirations. His innovative work is evidenced by an extensive library of research-based publications, prominent international speaking appearances, and a successfully growing list of aspirations ventures. Among these ventures, Dr. Quaglia authored the School Voice suite of surveys, including Student Voice, Teacher Voice, Parent Voice, and iKnow My Class. His recent book, Student Voice: The Instrument of Change published by Corwin is already receiving international acclaim. In addition to founding and leading the Quaglia Institute for Student Aspirations, Dr. Quaglia also founded and currently chairs the Aspirations Academies Trust, a sponsor of primary and secondary academies in England built upon his aspirations research. Most recently he has founded the Teacher Voice and Aspirations International Center, dedicated to amplifying the voice of teachers in order for them to realize their aspirations and reach their fullest potential. Dr. Quaglia earned his bachelor's degree at Assumption College, a masters degree in economics from Boston College, and master of education and doctorate degrees from Columbia University, specializing in the area of organizational theory and behavior. He has been awarded numerous honorary doctorates in humanitarian services for his dedication to students. Dr. Quaglia's work has also led him to serve on several national and international committees, reflecting his passion for ensuring that students' and teacehers' voices are always heard, honored, and acted upon. Dr. Lisa Lande has dedicated her professional endeavors to advocating for teachers and students around the globe. It is her aspiration that every classroom in every school be one that she would want her own three children to learn in - a lens through which she continually measures her research, writing, and professional development efforts. She is the Executive Director of the Teacher Voice and Aspirations International Center (TVAIC), an outgrowth of the Quaglia Institute for Student Voice and Aspirations. The mission of TVAIC is to amplify teacher voice to enhance the aspirations of all. Dr. Lande currently serves as a board member for the Aspirations Academy Trust in England, and is engaged in a number of research and writing projects on the topic of teacher voice and aspirations. She earned her doctorate in curriculum and instruction from Boise State University, and was a James Madison Fellow at Georgetown University. Prior to TVAIC she worked with state departments of education across the country in partnership with a U.S. Department of Education content center, directed a state-wide reform effort, and has engaged in a wide variety of consultancy roles at the international, state, and local level on education topics including systems reform, standards, assessment, and instructional strategies that promote individualized learning and achievement for all students. Dr. Lande's roots are in teaching, having taught at both the high school and university level. She still considers herself to be a teacher at heart, and finds it a great privilege to partner with amazing educators around the world who are hard at work creating conditions where teachers and students can achieve their dreams.
- Author(s)Lisa L. Lande,Russell J. Quaglia
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/07/2015
- FormatSpiral bound
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Out-of-print date07/10/2016
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.