All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £24.06Trending at £28.99
- £21.14Trending at £24.98
- £15.56Trending at £17.98
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £30.24
- £7.81Trending at £10.98
- £19.28Trending at £20.85
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/02/2017
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight950 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byDavid Masiel,Eric Schroeder,John Boe,Lisa Sperber
- Table Of ContentsPreface: David Masiel Project Notes and Acknowledgements: Lisa Sperber Forward: John Boe and Eric Schroeder Toby Fulwiler (1.1) - Fall 1989 - The Mechanism is Writing - Eric James Schroeder Mike Rose (1.2) - Spring 1990 - Imagine a Writing Program - Susan Palo Richard Lanham (2.1) - Fall 1990 - Learning by Going Along - Carolyn Handa & Gretchen Flesher Andrea Lunsford and Lisa Ede (2.2) - Spring 1991 - Collaboration as a Subversive Activity - Alice H. Calderonello, Donna B. Nelson, and Sue C. Simmons Linda Flower (3.1) - Fall 1991 - Helping Writers Build Mansions with More Rooms - Jill Wilson James Berlin 15 (3.2) - Spring 1992 - Dialectical Notions - Brian A. Connery and Van E. Hillard Peter Elbow 23 (4.1) - Fall 1992 - Going in Two Directions at Once - John Boe and Eric Schroeder Cynthia Selfe 16 (4.1) - Fall 1992 - Nomadic Feminist Cyborg Guerilla - Carolyn Handa Donald Murray 14 (4.2) - Spring 1993 - Mucking about in Language I Save my Soul - Driek Zirinsky Joseph Williams and Gregory Colomb 18 (5.1) - Fall 1993 - The Takeaway - Donald Johns Patricia Bizzell (5.2) - Spring 1994 - Radical Pedagogy - Sidney I. Dobrin and Todd Taylor James J. Murphy (5.2) - Spring 1994 - Setting Minds in Motion - Mardena Creek James Moffett (6.1) - Fall 1994 - Individualize - Eric Schroeder & John Boe Charles Bazerman (6.2) - Spring 1995 - Writing Is Motivated Participation - Margaret Eldred Joseph Harris (7.2) - Spring 1996 - Changing Habits of Thinking - Thomas West Ira Shor (8.2) - Spring 1997 - Every Difference Will Be Used Against Us - Andrea Greenbaum Walter Nash (9.2) - Spring 1998 - Incertitude's Her Element - David Stacey David Bartholomae (10.1) - Fall 1998 - Stop Being So Coherent - John Boe & Eric Schroeder Walker Gibson (11.2) - Spring 2000 - A Nest of Singing Rhetorical Birds - Margaret M. Strain Charles Moran (11.2) - Spring 2000 - A Sense of Professional Well Being - Margaret M. Strain Nancy Welch (12.1) - Fall 2000 - Imagining Stories - Fred Santiago Arroyo and Alice Gillam Lynn Z. Bloom (12.2) - Spring 2001 - Once More to the Essay - Jenny Spinner William E. Coles (13.1) - Fall 2002 - Failure is the Way We Learn - John Boe and Eric Schroeder Keith Gilyard (14.2) - Spring 2004 - I Have Fun Playing with Language - Sharon James McGee Ken Macrorie (15.1) - Fall 2004 - Arrangements for Truthtelling - John Boe and Eric Schroeder Wayne Booth (15.2) - Spring 2005 - Covering Almost All of Life - John Boe Pat Hoy (17.1) - Fall 2006 - I Want to Rip Your Heart Out - Mel Livatino Claude Hurlbert (18.1) - Fall 2007 - Where Meaning and Being Gathers - Krystia Nora, Roseanne Gatto, Dawn Fels, and Elizabeth Campbell Sondra Perl (20.2) - Spring 2010 - There's Humor and There's Tears - John Boe Deirdre McCloskey (21.2) - Spring 2012 - Humanomics - Ed Kahn and John Boe Doug Hesse (23.2) - Spring 2013 - Cultivating Writerly Sensibilities - Eric Leake Victor Villanueva (24.1) - Fall 2013 - Some of It Is Serendipity - Donna Evans Quintilian (24.1) - Fall 2013 - Data Don't Breathe - James J. Murphy Nancy Sommers (25.1) - Fall 2014 - Enter the Process in Uncertainty - Eric Leake and David Masiel Kathleen Blake Yancey - (25.2) - Spring 2015 - It's Their Story That Turns Your Head - David Masiel, William Sewell, and Hogan Hayes Carolyn Miller - (27.1) - Fall 2016 - A Set of Shared Expectations - Brenda Rinard and David Masiel Linda Adler-Kassner - (27.2 - Spring 2017 - Everything Gets to Writing - Lisa Sperber and Carl Whithaus Appendix: Composition Flow Chart
- Author BiographyJohn Boe taught writing at the University of California, Davis for over thirty years. He has published more than a hundred articles and essays and his essay collection Life Itself (1994). He was an editor of Writing on the Edge from 1989 to 2012. He performs as a professional storyteller and is currently completing a book of interviews, Living the Shakespearean Life. David Masiel teaches writing at the University of California, Davis, where he has served as editor of Writing on the Edge since 2012. His essays, articles, and reviews have appeared in The New York Times Magazine, Outside Magazine, and The Washington Post. He is the author of two novels: 2182 Kilohertz (2003), a New York Times Notable Book in 2002 and The Western Limit of the World (2007). Eric Schroeder taught writing at the University of California, Davis for thirty years. He co-founded Writing on the Edge, serving for many years as senior editor, with primary responsibility for editing the WOE interviews. His book, Vietnam, We've All Been There: Interviews with American Writers, was published in 1992. Lisa Sperber teaches a range of writing classes at the University of California, Davis. In addition, she is a consultant in the University Writing Program's robust Writing Across the Curriculum program. Her other teaching and research interests include transfer and threshold concepts.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.