All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis core text will help trainee teachers to develop the crucial critical thinking skills that they will need to develop as successful secondary English teachers. All the key areas are covered, including how to plan lessons, how to make good use of resources and how to assess pupils' progress effectively.
- Author BiographyPhil is Head of Secondary Education within the Faculty of Education at Edge Hill University. His previous role in the faculty was Head of Professional Development, where he had strategic responsibility for the professional development of the whole education and training workforce at both postgraduate and undergraduate levels. He has also worked in the faculty as Head of Humanities, responsible for Secondary and Key Stage 2/3 initial teacher training in English, Geography, History, Modern Foreign Languages, Music and RE. Prior to coming into higher education, Phil taught English for twenty years in north-west secondary schools, including ten years as Head of English. In 2009, he co-authored the Sage Publications book 'Teaching English: Developing as a Reflective Secondary Teacher'. Phil has an MSc in Education Management, is a fellow of the Higher Education Academy and of NATE. He is currently working towards an EdD, where the working title of his thesis is: 'An Exploration into the Gendered Subjectivities of Male Trainee Teachers: Discourses of Masculine Identity at Work'.
- Author(s)Alyson Midgley,Carol Evans,Lynne Warham,Peter Woolnough,Phil Rigby
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/2009
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleDeveloping as a Reflective Secondary Teacher
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight431 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £13.54Trending at £13.85
- £24.37Trending at £26.23
- £7.75Trending at £8.23
- £8.97Trending at £9.77
- £9.54Trending at £10.98
- £9.54Trending at £10.68
- £8.29Trending at £8.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.