All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book highlights the interdisciplinary nature of the tourism phenomenon, its outstanding socio-economic character and its importance for language learning and teaching focussing on theories about second language acquisition, teaching experiences and research findings in different fields of applied linguistics.
- Author BiographyGloria Bosch is Senior Lecturer in German Studies at the University of the Balearic Islands. She holds a PhD from the University of Bielefeld (Germany) with a thesis on educational politics in the teaching of German in Spain. Her research fields include German culture from Weimar's Republic to 1945, the tales of the Brothers Grimm and the didactics of German, its acquisition and its teaching for tourism. Her most recent publications are UEbungsgrammatik Deutsch fur den Tourismus 1 and Training Deutsch im Tourismus, both published in 2011. Torsten Schlak () studied German as a Foreign and Second Language at the University of Bielefeld and at the University of Bochum (Germany). He carried out further studies, teaching and research stays at the University of Hawai'i (USA), the University of Toronto (Canada) and the University of South Florida (USA). He was an assistant professor at the Department of Applied Linguistics at the Ruhr-University Bochum and lecturer at the Faculty of Language and Culture at the Osaka University (Japan). From 2009 to 2012 he was professor at the Institute for Language and Communication at the Technische Universitat Berlin. He was the author and editor of numerous international publications in the field of language acquisition research.
- Author(s)Gloria Bosch,Torsten Schlak
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication19/06/2013
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight500 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £27.58Trending at £28.73
- £31.44Trending at £34.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.