All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.24Trending at £10.95
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £28.00Trending at £30.19
- £15.72Trending at £15.91
About this product
- DescriptionGeneral music is informed by a variety of teaching approaches and methods that guide teachers in planning and implementing instruction. Teaching General Music offers a panoramic view of general music pedagogy and critical lenses through which to view these frameworks and practices. Including descriptions of each of the distinct approaches to general music teaching - Dalcroze, Informal, Interdisciplinary, Kodaly, Music Learning Theory, Orff Schulwerk, Social Constructivism, and World Music Pedagogy.
- Author BiographyCarlos R. Abril is professor and director of undergraduate music education at the University of Miami Frost School of Music. His research focuses on sociocultural issues in music education, music education policy, and curriculum. Abril is co-editor of the book Musical Experiences in Our Lives and serves on the editorial board of numerous journals in North America, South America, and Europe. He is a recipient of the Provost's Research Award at the University of Miami. Brent M. Gault is associate professor of music education at the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music. His areas of interest include music education policy, children's vocal development, and music listening in childhood. Articles by Gault have appeared in the Journal of Research in Music Education and Bulletin for the Council of Research in Music Education. He is the author of the book Listen Up! Fostering Musicianship through Active Listening, also published by Oxford University Press.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight768 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byBrent M. Gault,Carlos R. Abril
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.