All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten and edited by Kincheloe's former students and colleagues, this book underscores the depth and breadth of his productive career. It can gain relevance as the global movement against authoritarianism intensifies and citizens search for ways to better understand their worlds and the historical development of their own identities.
- Author BiographyRochelle Brock is Associate Professor of Urban Education and Executive Director of the Urban Teacher Education Program at Indiana University Northwest in Gary, Indiana. She is also an editor for The International Journal of Critical Pedagogy and series editor of Black Studies and Critical Thinking (Peter Lang Publishing). She has written books and articles on white privilege, teacher identity, critical pedagogy, African American popular culture, and Black feminist theory. Curry Stephenson Malott is Assistant Professor of Educational Foundations in the Department of Professional and Secondary Education at West Chester University in West Chester, Pennsylvania. His most recent books include Critical Pedagogy and Cognition: An Introduction to a Postformal Educational Psychology and Critical Pedagogy in the Twenty-First Century: A New Generation of Scholars, co-edited with Bradley Porfilio. Leila E. Villaverde is Associate Professor of Cultural Foundations in the Department of Educational Leadership and Cultural Foundations at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. An editor for The International Journal of Critical Pedagogy, she has written books on white privilege, secondary education, and feminist theories, and articles on identity politics, art education, aesthetics, and critical pedagogy.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2011
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleTeaching Contemporary Scholars
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight500 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byCurry Stephenson Mallott,Leila E. Villaverde,Rochelle Brock
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Society & Education
- £48.75Trending at £74.39
- £24.37Trending at £26.34
- £8.28Trending at £9.99
- £9.32Trending at £13.05
- £13.16Trending at £18.04
- £10.82Trending at £15.10
- £8.27Trending at £13.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.