All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDescribes the Life Skills Program created by author Vincent J. Monastra at his ADHD clinic. It features practical strategies for helping children and teens develop essential life skills at home, school, or in a support group setting.
- Author BiographyVincent J. Monastra, PhD, is a clinical psychologist and director of the FPI Attention Disorders Clinic in Endicott, New York, USA. During the past 25 years, he has conducted a series of studies involving thousands of individuals with disorders of attention and behavioral control. He is the coinventor of a quantitative electroencephalographic (QEEG) process that was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for use in the diagnosis of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), a pioneer in the development of parenting and EEG-based attention training procedures, and the author of numerous scientific articles and book chapters. The first edition of his book Parenting Children With ADHD: 10 Lessons That Medicine Cannot Teach (2005) was named Parenting Book of the Year by IParenting, and his book Unlocking the Potential of Patients With ADHD: A Model for Clinical Practice (2008) provides a model for comprehensive, effective, and practical community-based care for patients with ADHD. His skills as a master diagnostician and therapist have been internationally recognized and are archived in several educational videotaped programs, including Working With Children With ADHD (2005). He has been a faculty member of Wilson Hospital's Family Practice Residency Program; the Department of Psychology at Binghamton University; and, most recently, the Graduate School of Counseling and Clinical Psychology at Marywood University, USA. Dr. Monastra is the recipient of several scientific awards, including the President's Award and the Hans Berger Award from the Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback for his seminal research into the neurophysiological characteristics of ADHD and his groundbreaking study on EEG biofeedback. He was listed among the country's most innovative researchers in the Reader's Digest 2004 edition of Medical Breakthroughs.
- Author(s)Vincent J. Monastra
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleLifetools: Books for the General Public
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £25.67Trending at £27.18
- £134.20Trending at £159.99
- £7.27Trending at £7.69
- £43.13Trending at £46.00
- £56.66Trending at £59.85
- £8.20Trending at £8.87
- £10.33Trending at £14.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.