All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.22Trending at £22.45
- £23.53Trending at £23.86
- £18.29Trending at £22.03
- £20.44Trending at £21.21
- £36.00Trending at £38.34
- £26.11Trending at £28.54
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis book outlines nine critical thinking habits that foster numerate learning and details practical ways to incorporate them into instruction.
- Author BiographyMargie Pearse has over 30 years of teaching experience with certifications in mathematics, elementary education, English as a Second Language (ESL), and Pennsylvania Quality Assurance Systems (Certified Instructor - PQAS 2014). She is presently at Chester Community Charter School as a Math Coach and in graduate education, training pre-service teachers how to create deeper, more numeracy based lessons. Margie's passion is to share a love of math with teachers and students! Her goal is to empower every student with the tools and strategies needed to be fluent and flexible with numbers. Margie's educational philosophy can be summed up as such, Why NOT reinvent the wheel! Yesterday's lessons will not suffice for students to succeed in tomorrow's world. We need to meet students, not just where they are, but where they need to be. There is great potential in every child. It is our job to empower students to discover that potential and possess the tenacity and self-efficacy to reach it. Published Books: Teaching Numeracy: 9 Critical Habits to Ignite Mathematical Thinking, released by Corwin in 2011; Learning That Never Ends, released by Rowman & Littlefield in 2013; and Passing the Mathematics Test for Elementary Teachers, by Rowman & Littlefield, February 2015. Kate Walton has taught at both the elementary and middle school levels for twelve years. Although Kate's primary passion and expertise is with language arts, she feels Numeracy transcends and is, at its very core, deep, logical thinking, which she has always encouraged in her classroom. She believes that a well crafted lesson and a healthy obsession with creativity are the keys to inspiring students to think deeply. Currently, she coaches teachers and conducts original professional development days on best practices.
- Author(s)Kathleen M. Walton,Margaret Mary Pearse
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication23/03/2011
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.