Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionA powerful array of field-tested literacy tools for closing the achievement gap! This book provides a comprehensive and systematic framework for developing literacy skills and improving reading in all content areas. With funding from the Carnegie Corporation and the U.S. Department of Education, author Margarita Calderon has developed a research-based approach to expediting reading comprehension that results in higher test scores not just for ELLs, but for all students. Educators can easily complement their instruction with ready-to-use tools, including: Lesson templates Rubrics Sample lesson plans Strategies for teaching reading and vocabulary in content areas Descriptions of successful programs Professional development designs
- Author BiographyMargarita Calderon, Professor Emerita, Johns Hopkins University has served on national preschool-12th literacy panels and advisory boards (National Research Council, ETS, WIDA, National Center for Learning Disabilities, National Literacy Panel for Language Minority Children and Youth). She is a consultant for the U.S. Department of Justice and Office of Civil Rights. Her research interest focuses on professional development, effective schools, language and literacy development of English learners. She was principal investigator in a 5-year study in middle and high schools called ExC-ELL funded by the Carnegie Corporation of New York that developed a program to train math, science, social studies, and language arts teachers on integrating academic language, reading comprehension, writing skills and content knowledge to help ELs and their non-EL peers achieve in the mainstream classrooms. ExC-ELL has been widely implemented in many schools, districts, and state-wide Institutes since then. Dr. Calderon and George Washington University are current recipients of a Title III five-year grant to implement and study A Whole-School Approach to Professional Development with ExC-ELL in schools in Virginia. She has over 100 publications, is an international speaker, invited to do keynote speeches at major conferences, and conducts comprehensive professional development programs throughout the country.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byMargarita Espino Calderon
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.