Teaching Secondary Science: Constructing Meaning and Developing Understanding by Liz Lakin, Keith Ross, Janet McKechnie, Jim Baker (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £22.99+ £3.50 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- £17.73+ £1.63 P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by revivalbooks
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Janet McKechnie,Jim Baker,Keith Ross,Liz Lakin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note66 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsPart I - Science and why we teach it: 1. What makes a good science teacher? 2. Working Scientifically 3. Science education and sustainability Part II - How Pupils Make Sense of Their World: 4. Learning through language and observation 5. Elicitation: Pupils' ideas of the world 6. A constructivist approach to learning 7. Active learning techniques 8. Learning through talk 9. Learning through reading 10. Learning through writing 11. Harnessing the Power of Computers and the Web 12. What if English is not the Mother Tongue of your students? 13. Numeracy in science Part III - Knowledge and Understanding: 14. Difficult ideas in chemistry 15. Difficult ideas in physics 16. Difficult ideas in biology 17. Difficult ideas in earth science and astronomy PART IV - Planning, Assessment, Teaching and Class Management: 18. Planning for progression 19. Assessment for Learning in science 20. Managing pupils in science lessons 21. Health, safety and laboratory management 22. Teaching and learning at 14-19 PART V - Professional values and the wider world: 23. Inclusion and science for all: every child matters 24. Learning outside the classroom 25. Becoming a professional science teacher
- Author BiographyKeith Ross is a former secondary science teacher and Education Teaching Fellow at the University of Gloucestershire, UK. He is currently co-creating four-minute animated science videos with the Fuse School that are free to teachers and students worldwide. www.youtube.com/fuseschool. Liz Lakin is a former secondary science teacher and tutor at the universities of Gloucestershire and Cumbria, UK. She is currently Senior Lecturer in Education and Life Sciences at the University of Dundee, UK. Janet McKechnie is a physics teacher and STEM coordinator at Pate's Grammar School, Cheltenham, UK. She is also former Physics AST and Science Leader for the Secondary Science PGCE at the University of Gloucestershire, UK. Jim Baker is a freelance educational consultant, webmaster, blogger and maverick. With 44 years' experience he has taught science at secondary schools in Lincoln and still teaches part-time. www.jimbakersonlinelearning.co.uk.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.39Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.34
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
- £6.88Trending at £7.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.