All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.34Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £16.55Trending at £19.32
- £6.32Trending at £6.99
About this product
- Description<P>This book is a practical language teachers’ guide that focuses on how to teach socially and culturally appropriate language for effective communication. Moving beyond a purely theoretical approach to pragmatics, the volume offers practical advice to teachers, with hands-on classroom tasks included in every chapter. </P>
- Author BiographyNoriko Ishihara is Associate Professor of English as a Foreign Language at Hosei University, Japan and leads language teachers' professional development courses in the US and Japan. Her work has appeared in various journals and she is co-author of a Japanese language textbook with Magara Maeda, Advanced Japanese: Communication in Context (2010). Andrew D. Cohen is Professor in Second Language Studies at the University of Minnesota. He has had many encounters with pragmatics, as a Peace Corps Volunteer in rural development with Aymara Indians in Bolivia, a Fulbright Scholar in Brazil, and a professor in Israel for many years. He is co-editor with Ernesto Macaro of Language Learner Strategies (2007).
- Author(s)Andrew D. Cohen,Noriko Ishihara
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight578 g
- Width154 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.