Teaching the Primary Curriculum by Derek Bell, Mark Charter, Jane Johnston (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £20.68+ £1.84 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books2aw
- See details for delivery est.
- £2.65+ £6.99 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by big-bang-books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDefines good teaching and learning in the primary school and offers an overview of the primary curriculum. This book emphasizes on effective teaching and learning methodologies, the importance of quality interaction in the classroom, the role of the teacher in teaching and learning and the experience of the child.
- Author BiographyJane Johnston is a senior lecturer in primary education at Bishop Grosseteste College. Formerly she was a primary classroom teacher with experience throughout Key Stages 1 and 2. Her particular interests in education are in primary science and early years education with research interests in the development of attitudes to science, the role of parents in educational development and values education. She is the author of several books and chapters on early years and science education, including Early Explorations in Science and Enriching Early Scientific Learning, both published by Open University Press. Mark Chater is senior lecturer and subject leader in religious studies at Bishop Grosseteste College. He has been involved in curriculum development in primary and secondary religious education. He wrote support materials for the Scottish 5-14 programme in Religious and Moral Education and for the MA in Church School Education. He has published several articles on children's and teachers' spirituality, citizenship and ethical dimensions of educational management. He is a member of the International Seminar on Religious Education and Values, and an associate editor of the International Journal of Children's Spirituality. Derek Bell is Vice-Principal at Bishop Grosseteste College and has extensive experience in teaching and teacher education. Throughout his career he has maintained a strong interest in the enhancement of teaching and learning, and approaches to helping children develop their understanding of the world around them. His current research interests include teaching and learning in primary schools with particular reference to children's understanding in science, and the roles of subject leaders. He has published widely in primary science and is joint author of Towards Effective Subject Leadership in the Primary School Open University Press.
- Author(s)Derek Bell,Jane Johnston,Mark Charter
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Education OUP
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight900 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £48.75Trending at £74.07
- £24.37Trending at £26.22
- £8.28Trending at £9.95
- £9.32Trending at £12.99
- £13.16Trending at £17.97
- £10.82Trending at £15.04
- £8.27Trending at £12.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.