Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £36.77Trending at £68.30
- £56.73Trending at £69.00
- £16.78Trending at £22.84
- £37.19Trending at £43.78
- £27.56Trending at £29.67
- £22.60Trending at £34.83
- £12.17Trending at £15.73
About this product
- DescriptionTech Mining makes exploitation of text databases meaningful to those who can gain from derived knowledge about emerging technologies. It begins with the premise that we have the information, the tools to exploit it, and the need for the resulting knowledge. The information provided puts new capabilities at the hands of technology managers.
- Author BiographyALAN L. PORTER's major concentration is technology intelligence, forecasting, and assessment. He has led the development of technology opportunity analysis -mining electronic bibliographic data sources to generate intelligence on emerging technologies. He holds a BS in chemical engineering from the California Institute of Technology, and a PhD in engineering psychology from UCLA. He is currently Director, Research & Development, for Search Technology, Inc., in Norcross, Georgia. SCOTT W. CUNNINGHAM worked for the Technology Policy & Assessment Center at the Georgia Institute of Technology. He has worked in industry as a data mining and machine learning consultant, working chiefly in the e-commerce and retail industries. He holds a BEng in engineering science and mechanics from Georgia Tech and a DPhil in science, technology, and innovation policy from the University of Sussex, UK. He currently serves as an assistant professor on the Technology, Policy, and Management faculty of TU Delft.
- Author(s)Alan L. Porter,Scott W. Cunningham
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2004
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleWiley Series in Systems Engineering and Management
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width162 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.